Rebuilding Cloud Stack Management (Recovery Fails)
Amin Samir
2014-03-13 01:54:50 UTC
Hello,

I would much appreciate if someone helps, our cloud stack server crashed due to hard disk failure, thankfully we had a mysql database dump and backup of /etc/cloudstack/ folder, we are following the following steps to recover it:

1) Replaced the failed hardisk, reinstalled Ubuntu 12.04 LTS, and ran apt-get dist-upgrade

2) Installed CS 4.2.1, usage, and mysql, modified my.cnf

3) cloudstack-setup-databases cloud:***@localhost --deploy-as=root:ourpassword -e file -m ourpassword -k ourpassword

4) mysql -u root -pourpassword cloud < cloud-backup-date.sql

5) mysql -u root -pourpassword cloud_usage < cloud-usage-backup-date.sql

6) Removing the Host > General Tab > Tags by editing the tags and un-checking each one in each host in the cluster.

7) Service cloudstack-management start, service cloudstack-usage start.

8) Reboot the system VM's

The environment are as follows:

? 1 management server Ubuntu 12.04 LTS

? Cloud Stack 4.2.1

? Xen Server 6.1 Fully patched as of today.

Yet the tailing the log files give the following:

Unable to reach Pool[1|NetworkFilesystem]

com.cloud.exception.StorageUnavailableException: Resource [StoragePool:1] is unreachable:

Unable to send command to the pool

Unable to obtain VM statistics.

Unable to obtain host 4 statistics.

Can anyone please help how to recover this management server?

Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards

Amin Samir
Amin Samir
2014-03-14 04:19:02 UTC
Hello,

We figured out what was the issue, we thought of sharing it with you, we had to comment the /etc/hosts entry 127.0.1.1 and submit the right name and ip info, then commenced communicating with the hosts and DB.

Kind Regards
Amin Samir

Amin Samir
Daan Hoogland
2014-03-14 09:33:10 UTC
Amin,

though it seems strange to ever remove the localhost entry from
/etc/hosts, thank you for sharing. It is worth noting and I will keep
this in mind for future reference.

Regards,
Daan